Hamburg is the second largest city in Germany after Berlin. The city is rich of its history, beauty and dynamic nightlife. In the city center parking is available in the streets and in the parking lots, but is expensive. Cheap parking is available at the P + R parking places.
Sights to see in Hamburg
Among the interesting places to visit, there are many museums, the harbor, the Reeperbahn. Hamburg has its famous opera house (Staatsoper) and many other theaters. It is also well known by a number of different musicals and holding of other music events there.
Parking on the streets of Hamburg
Paid parking applies in the center of Hamburg:
- Monday-Sunday from 09.00 till 20.00o'clock
- Parking fees in the downtown: €1,50 per 30 minutes (€ 3.00 per hour)
- Parking fees in the neighborhood of the centre: € 1.00 per 30 minutes (€ 2.00 per hour)
- Parking time limits: unlimited
- Cheap parking is available very close to downtown near the Central railway station: € 5.00 per day.
Parking lots in the centre of Hamburg
Unlimited parking is also available in the parking lots in the downtown. Parking fees in public parking facilities are: between € 2.50 and 4.50 per hour.
P+R parking in Hamburg
Free parking is available on the P+R's in the suburbs of the city with delivery to the city by public transport.
More P+R's to be found in BERGEDORF, HARBURG, HAMBURG - NORD, WANDSBEK and EIMSBUETTEL,